Sunday, June 16, 2013

Lake Bradford

Well I was hopin to catch some catfish to put in the freezer after not catchin any fish Saturday, so I headed over to Lake Bradford on Little Creek. I found it kind of funny that the lake I was fishin in is like 500 yards away from where I was fishin on Saturday if you look on the map. Unfortunately I had the same luck!
I started out fishin the lilly pads again trying for some bass. Fish were jumpin all over but after using every top water bait in my tacklebox and not catchin anything I put on the night crawlers and began lookin for the cats. I had one rod rigged with a cork and one rigged for the bottom.
The first fish I got into were perch, I caught 3 small ones just under good eatin size but couldnt get anymore/any larger to bite.
7 inch yellow perch
I kept fishin the night crawlers around the pads and then moved over to a fallen tree to see if there were any fish in there. I ended up findin some bluegills but again none bigger than my hand.
6 inch bluegill
After the bite died and I seen more bass jumpin I switched back to fishin lures and managed 1 small bass. It would appear I am destined to just catch small fish!
No catfish ever made it onto my hook. I dont know where they hide in that lake. I think I casted into every hole in the lillies and every 3 feet in the whole lake. The weather was amazing and I did get to see the eagle that lives there on the lake catch what looked like a decent sized fish, but was unable to snap pics fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment