Saturday, June 1, 2013

Hangin with a skunk.

Started today out with gorgeous weather, 85 degrees by 8 am and sunny. Didnt get out on the water until 10 because I forgot my seat back, milk crate, and pfd in the girlfriend's car trunk and she had to work nights. I had to wait on her to get home. Decided to head out to the HRBT from the Norfolk side. Was alot of boat traffic and wind, didnt see any fellow kayakers so I decided to fish the beach down to Ocean View. I made it all the way down to Chesapeake street without so much as a nibble on Gulp shrimp and swimming mullet. I also threw a few top water badonkadonks and mirror lures with no takers. I caught a few small spot and decided to try my fancy at some cut bait/live bait. Not a nibble. I did start catching croakers and spots at about 4th view street about 200 yards out, but none of them were over 9 inches. The girlfriend met up with me after she took care of errands and we had a nice afternoon out on the water.


 Not alot of action but couldnt beat the weather with a stick. We stopped in at the Ocean View fishing pier to hangout with a friend and splash around on the beach and then headed back out. I was actually pretty impressed with how the Hurricane Phoenix 120 handled. Its a quick little boat only weighs about 40 pounds and turns on a dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment